Difficulties rehabbing the surface of a table saw

There's been a old unisaw sitting in my garage which I decided to rehab. It had 1/16" layer of rust and I lost my patience and took a sander to it. I think it worked out OK, but in uncovered these spots that had been covered by especially thick rust. They actually protrude above the surface and they appear to be as hard as the rest of the cast iron.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SEUh6lMcxQLUhoejlzUUxMcEE/view?usp=sha ring
Can someone suggest on how they could be removed?
Thank you in advance.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Carefully , with a hardened steel scraper . Not like a razor blade is used on cleaning glass , look up "machine way scraping" for an idea of what's involved .
--
Snag

Used to be, hardware stores sold jelly rust remover. Don't remember the brand, but it was sold.
Another poster here mentioned concentrated hydrochloric acid for rust removal. I was skeptical, and tried the acid on a rusty pair of fence pliers I found in outdoor mud. It took some doing, but now the pliers operate freely.
And there is the obvious, might be article on the world wide web, about rust removal. Have you tried a web search? Amazing, what can be found out there.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 7:48:00 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

. I think it worked out OK, but in uncovered these spots that had been cove red by especially thick rust. They actually protrude above the surface and they appear to be as hard as the rest of the cast iron.

think wire brush on a electric drill. i rehabed my grandpas old table saw this way many years ago
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 8:11:26 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

it. I think it worked out OK, but in uncovered these spots that had been co vered by especially thick rust. They actually protrude above the surface an d they appear to be as hard as the rest of the cast iron.

Thanks for the suggestions, however, I don't believe that those spots are r ust. It field like cast iron itself or solder. It is very hard, not soft or brittle in any way.
On 7/24/2015 9:32 AM, ST wrote:

You may want to consider taking it to a machine shop for Blanchard grinding the top surface.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hard to tell from your photo but it looks like it might be iron scale. When iron/steel rusts badly it expands and forms scale. Itt can be popped off which is why sailors used to use chipping hammers on steel hulls. Of course, removing it leaves a (minor, usually) depression.
Rust/scale can be removed physically or chemically. Any acid will remove rust. It wil also attack non-rusted iron/steel; here is an alternative that does not...
http://www.btc-bci.com/~billben/rust.htm