Dexpan didn't work

Dexpan didn't work on my 12' x 13' reinforced concrete slab. The rectanular slab is exposed on two sides and against my house on two sides. On the exposed sides, the slab is 2' thick, but most of it is 4 to 5 inches thick.

I hammer drilled 132 holes of varying depth; 20 inches in the 2' thick portions, and 3.5 to 4.5 inches elsewhere. The holes are drill on 1 foot centers.

I used Dexpan III since it's in the forties Fahrenheit. I used a drywall mud mixer and an electric drill to blend the water and powder. The slurry had some air bubbles in it so I used a coat hanger to tamp the mixture in the holes.

The temperature got down into the thirties last night, but not cold enough to frost.

It's been almost a day since I poured the Dexpan, and there are no cracks.

What do you recommend as a next step?

Thanks!

Jack

Reply to
cerberus

Update.

I talked to the Archer Company people and was told that Dexpan takes longer to work in cold weather. It's been in the thirties and forties Fahrenheit since I poured Dexpan yesterday.

It's starting to work! The first cracks have appeared.

Finally gonna get rid of that useless concrete slab. :)

Reply to
cerberus