Dewalt Jacobs chuck wobbles

Two weeks ago purchased a " 18 volt cordless $139 drill at HD and I noticed that drill bits and long screw driver bits wobble. The small bits wobble more then the larger bits. I have never experienced this with other corded drills. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
Thanks tom
On Apr 16, 12:49 pm, snipped-for-privacy@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

Assume you're using good bits, properly inserted into chuck.
Not acceptable. I'd take it back. Maybe it was somebody else's "free weekend rental" and seriously abused? Because of that, it's a good idea to see that packaging of tools at HD are still factory-sealed (if possible), and/or that tools have not been used.
Sooooo, only thing you're doing wrong: not taking it back.
HTH, J
snipped-for-privacy@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

Probably not, but... :)
Check that there's not some packing or other impediment to the jaws closing evenly. If nothing obvious, I'm w/ the other poster who says to return it for either a new one (and check it works well before going home with it) or swap it for another brand/model if there seems to be a generic issue w/ the specific model.
On 16 Apr 2007 09:49:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

From the end view, rotate the chuck and see if the three jaws operate correctly in both directions. The chuck can be faulty and the only part needing replacement. Take the tool, back within the 30 day period (what applies) and exchange it. -- Oren
On 16 Apr 2007 09:49:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

When you return it, be sure to tell the store, or better yet include a note, that the chuck wobbles. That way, they can quickly repair it and sell it to the next guy, probably at their Dewalt returns outlet.
If it was old, you coudl repair it yoruself, but even I wouldn't do it in this case.
Dewalt Jacobs chuck wobbles
Two weeks ago purchased a " 18 volt cordless $139 drill at HD and I noticed that drill bits and long screw driver bits wobble. The small bits wobble more then the larger bits. I have never experienced this with other corded drills. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
Thanks tom
I bought a Dewalt 14.4 V cordless drill in my opinion the only thing your doing wrong is the same thing I did, Buying a Dewalt. I use a Makita cordless 12V at work installing no hub bands drilling holes putting in screws, The Makita is 10 times the Dewalt. Well the batteries finally wore out on the Dewalt so this is my next drill,
I never used the 12V before I bought the Dewalt or I would of bought it, But the 14.4 Makita looks good.