Demo Concrete Stairs .. Need Advice

I am trying to demo out 4 or 5 flights of stairs built with block. I have gotten most of it out but about two or three steps 6' long or so. It is a pain with sludge hammers, concrete chisels, etc. Would I be better off finishing with a cut off saw or what? I don't want to deafen myself with a jack hammer!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I have a commercial rental place close by but they are probably $$$. Also I have to cut through some rebar. What can I use that will do that? I have to buy a new worm drive saw and mess it up with this demo stuff.

Actually, equipment rental is remarkably affordable. Check them out and they will also have advice.
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 01:54:39 GMT, someone wrote:

small self contained units that make much less noise than large outdoor units run by remote compressors. In the past I have used a self contained electrically powered one that had its own internal compressor. (Don't get the purely electro-mechanical ones unless they have been vastl improved which I doubt.) Knock the concrete off the rebar and then use your circular saw with abrasive or diamond blade on the rebar.
The 1 hr of jackhammer noise is better than the 8 hrs of labor pounding with a sledge, IMHO.
-v.