Dehumidifier Problem

Could someone please review for me the things to look for? The coils do not get cold, and it seems the compressor trys to turn on, but doesn't. (You don't hear the typical buzzing sound.) This is a Goldstar 50 pint. Thanks! Frank
frank1492 wrote:

Hi,
Kinda sounds like a bad compressor, check your warranty info in your use&care manual.
Something here may help... http://www.applianceaid.com/refrigerator.html#clicking
The compressor doing hum- click is usually bad start components on the compressor. Or, not getting enough electricity. Sometimes a hard start kit helps, but that's a techie's job.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

--