Dehumidifier Problem

Could someone please review for me the things to look for? The coils do not get cold, and it seems the compressor trys to turn on, but doesn't. (You don't hear the typical buzzing sound.) This is a Goldstar 50 pint. Thanks! Frank

Reply to
frank1492

Hi,

Kinda sounds like a bad compressor, check your warranty info in your use&care manual.

Something here may help...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

The compressor doing hum- click is usually bad start components on the compressor. Or, not getting enough electricity. Sometimes a hard start kit helps, but that's a techie's job.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

frank1492 posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Your receipt - to get it fixed under waaranty.

Reply to
Tekkie®