Dehumidifier fan motor McMillan A0410A2405

Hi...trying to find a small fan motor for a dehumidifier. Motor is made by McMillan. Part A0410A2405 or E814814. 1550RPM, 1.3A

Not getting any hits on either of these parts. Normally, parts folks swarm, when you put in a part number. Any ideas why this is not coming up?

Regards...RichK

Reply to
RichK

5303300838 should be a suitable replacement. MikeB
Reply to
bq340

Thanks MikeB. Looks similar enough.

But the price is about the same as new unit. It's a robbery at the prices I'm seeing just for the motor. Lowest is $100.

Regards...RichK

Reply to
RichK

One time I was fixing a dehum. I was out of state, and it belonged to a friend of mine. I got a fan from walmart, about the same size. Wired it in, and made a shroud out of cardboard and duct tape. Kept the dehum working. Hardly ideal. But it did work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This fan somewhat works, but one of the bearings is a bit off center. Since the bearing holder is riveted to the shroud, there's no way I can see to center it. Consequently, the rotor rubs the stator poles and sometimes will not even start.

Regards...RichK

PS You were lucky with the walmart fan :-) This fan pushes a lot of air.

"Stormin Mormon"

Reply to
RichK

That sound like too much work to fix. Somehow, the quality control slipped that one by.

The walmart fan might have been a bit timid, but who can tell. I wasn't there long enough to do any good testing on it. But, it did move some air. Enough air? Can't be sure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon