Deck cleaner worth using?

I've about to pressure-wash my deck, its a bit gray and dull, but not too bad. My question is: Do people use deck cleaners, or is this a waste of money? I don't mind buying a couple of galons of cleaner if it actually does something (for example, clean!)

Reply to
dean

Most are just bleach and lye, they remove mildew and discoloration. If it's under 10 bucks a gallon then no real sense in mixing your own. Over 10 then one packet of pool shock and one can of lye added to 5 gallons of water will clean things nicely. Home made or store bought you need to cover the shrubs, protect skin lungs and eyes.

Reply to
beecrofter