DECK

I am power washing my deck with High Pressure Water ... after 10 years in the weather. Pressure treated wood. It looked the same colour as barn board but now it looks like new pressure treated wood ... or as if I had just built the deck yesterday. Is there some kind of stain I can put on the deck that will keep it looking new?

Thanks

Reply to
xeroid

You'll want to sand it, first (pressure washing tends to bring out the grain, and bare feet don't like the texture or splinters that result).

There are many products for this -- from transparent seals to dark stains, manufactured specifically for decks. The main thing to remember is keeping out water damage and UV damage (the latter is what causes the wood to "gray").

Reply to
Dan Hartung