Water Softener Maintenance-- Fleck 2510 Valve

My new house in on a well, and I have an iron extractor with a Fleck

2510 valve. The water is awful, and the injector orifice has to be cleaned/replaced often. I figured I could save myself the cost of a few service calls by doing this routine maintenance. Last time the serviceman came out, I watched how he replaced the injector; it's a simple, straightforward procedure. What I didn't see, however, is how he relieved the tank pressure before removing the injector. When I start to remove the cover plate, I get sprayed. I am switching the valve to "Bypass" before starting to work. The manual is no help.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction? TIA.

Reply to
dka

turn off the pump and open a faucet? If you have a pressure tank you could let the air out if you need to from the valve at the top!

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

By-pass the unit then run it through the various positions of backwash. You do that by opening up the timer and watching the pins/holes in the pin wheel and not moving the knob out front until the piston stops. Or shut off the water past the pressure tank, open a faucet and then put it in by-pass. But it seems you have other problems than a blocked injector. BTW, is this a softener? Most filters don't regenerate so they don't have an injector.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Bulletin Board

Gary Slusser