Death by car exhaust

Page 3 of 3

I could make my cars keyless toowith a simple remote control unit and a couple toggle switches <BG>
On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 22:21:22 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster

It is law in Ontario for all houses with any fuel burning appliance/furnace.
The REAL stupidity was letting tne car continue to run and closing the garage door. They are VERY lucky it was a late model vehicle that produces only a maximum of 0.5% CO by volume at idle. Many run much closer to 0.02% - which would take a lot of running in a tightly sealed ara to kill you.
With a 50's or 60's era car half an hour could have killed everyone in the house.
First Alert plug-in systems sell for abour $25 Canadian. (Home Depot or Costco)

on

id

5

ng

If it was a start stop engine, I could understand the owner not realising it was "on", but then it wouldn't be running.
If it wasn't a start stop engine, then she would have heard the engine running when she got out, surely? Unless she's deaf, she has no excuse.
-- While most Americans believe that getting rid of religion is an impossible goal, much of the developed world has already accomplished it. Any account of a ”god gene“ that causes the majority of Americans to helplessly organize their lives around ancient works of religious fiction must explain why so many inhabitants of other First World societies apparently lack such a gene. The level of atheism throughout the rest of the developed world refutes any argument that religion is somehow a moral necessity. Countries like Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark and the United Kingdom are among the least religious societies on Earth. According to the United Nations’ Human Development Report (2005) they are also the healthiest, as indicated by measures of life expectancy, adult literacy, per capita income, educational attainment, gender equality, homicide rate and infant mortality. Conversely, the 50 nations now ranked lowest in terms of human development are unwaveringly religious. --Sam Harris (An Atheist Manifesto)

For some reason a lot of Brits think Arabs are human.
--
A blonde was playing Trivial Pursuit one night. It was her turn. She rolled the dice and she Landed on Science & Nature.
Her question was "If you are in a vacuum and someone calls your name, can you hear it?"

Indeed.
--
A sign at the golf course detailing the dress code:
Guys: No Shirts, No Golf
On 3/30/2016 4:05 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Your Hillman Minx can be heard a quarter mile away but most modern cars are very quiet and cannot be heard over some ambient noise.

There would have to be a lot of noise. Unless she came home to find her husband using a bandsaw in the garage? Anyway, why the fuck would you forget to switch off your car? I leave my key in the ignition, and I don't forget to switch it off. It's part of the second nature stuff I do when I stop, including putting it in gear, applying the handbrake etc.
--
"Beam me aboard, Scotty!" [-] "Will a 2 X 4 do, Captain?"

A hillman minx with an automatic!!! That's the answer to why he can't spin his tires on ice!!!!! (from another thread)

and yet the vast majority of (multiple) homicides in the US are committed by christians...obviously we should stop allowing christian immigration, or maybe we are just getting what we deserve

It's always religion....
--
You have got to remember that women make babies - not a great bit of design work. Messy, noisy and cannot do anything useful.

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 3:09:00 PM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

in pittsburgh some years ago bill baierl the owner of baierl auto motive wi th 10 or so big car dealerships died when he left his cr running in his gar age. both he and his wife. I knew bill and his family. as a customer. I wa s fired up bout a service issue, and barged right past his secretry and int erupted a GM rep who was visiting.
bill was very nice, got service to fix my vehicle, and the service manager lost his job right after this. i was told he had lot of complaints.
bill treated me more than fairly. the lack or presence of a key doesnt chan ge the risk.......
Per Stormin Mormon:

When somebody accuses me of being addicted to coffee, I tell them that I can quit anytime I want to... and I know that because I *have* quit.... dozens of times.... _)
--
Pete Cresswell

On 3/31/2016 11:35 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

The writer from the 1800s (Mark Twain) had a similar comment. I'm sure you are both correct.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/31/2016 10:35 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I can do about 3/4 of a cup of coffee, but most of the time I do good getting through 1/2 a cup.
--
Maggie