Damaged Ceiling

I have very bad cracks in my ceiling from water damage. The roof has been repaired, however, then ceiling continues to crack. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can repair this. I tried primer and ceiling paint, however the cracking just came through and the paint began to peel.

Reply to
J. W.

You've fixed the roof. That's good. Now you need to fix the ceiling. Primer and paint is not fixing; they're only for making healthy, sound walls and ceilings look their best. What you're doing is like trying to heal a broken arm by putting a band-aid on it.

If you have an actual plaster ceiling, it needs to be re-plastered and then primed and painted. If it's a drywall ceiling, the cracks need to be mudded and sanded if the damage was minor and then primed and painted, or if the damage was severe, the cracked area needs to be cut out and a new section of drywall patched in, and the patch taped, mudded, sanded, and then primed and painted.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott