Cycle time for window A/C

I have a 5200 BTU Samsung window A/C with electronic control and I'd like to know what kind of cycle time window A/C should be getting.

This thing has Energy Saver feature which slows down the fan immediately upon compressor shutting off, then subsequently fan off. I thought this was a neat feature so I don't have to listen to the fan when the unit isn't running.

When I enabled the Energy Saver, I noticed the cycling is based on fixed time and I feel that it's unusually short.

Compressor on: x min, where x is variable and can range from 3 to 10 minutes once the room has cooled down

Compressor off, fan low: 2 minutes even every time

Compressor off, fan off: 1 minute even every time

Compressor starts and repeats the cycle.

Total compressor off time between runs: 3 minutes.

Isn't this excessively short?

Reply to
AC/DCdude17

It is pretty short, but that is exactly as they designed it. Did you read the manual? I have what is probably the same model, the manual states the re-sample time on the economy setting is 3 minutes. I wish it was a but longer, also.

DT

Reply to
DT

A/C compresoors are most inefficient when they start up. Their current draw is very high for a few moments at that point. Sizing an A/C that aollows the compressor to run for long periods of time helps reduce that demand.

Reply to
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.