Cycle time for window A/C

I have a 5200 BTU Samsung window A/C with electronic control and I'd like to know what kind of cycle time window A/C should be getting.
This thing has Energy Saver feature which slows down the fan immediately upon compressor shutting off, then subsequently fan off. I thought this was a neat feature so I don't have to listen to the fan when the unit isn't running.
When I enabled the Energy Saver, I noticed the cycling is based on fixed time and I feel that it's unusually short.
Compressor on: x min, where x is variable and can range from 3 to 10 minutes once the room has cooled down
Compressor off, fan low: 2 minutes even every time
Compressor off, fan off: 1 minute even every time
Compressor starts and repeats the cycle.
Total compressor off time between runs: 3 minutes.
Isn't this excessively short?

It is pretty short, but that is exactly as they designed it. Did you read the manual? I have what is probably the same model, the manual states the re-sample time on the economy setting is 3 minutes. I wish it was a but longer, also.
DT
snipped-for-privacy@wowway.com (DT) wrote:

A/C compresoors are most inefficient when they start up. Their current draw is very high for a few moments at that point. Sizing an A/C that aollows the compressor to run for long periods of time helps reduce that demand.