Cutting brathroom tile ON THE WALL

Problem: Old window in bathtroom had a VERY thick sill Therefore there is tile hiding most of the old sill I have removed the old window and sill. I now have about 2 " of wlll tile above where the new window sill is to go
How do I cut the excess tile off ? I have about 34 linear inches to cut. Also: One corner, access to the wall is limited because of the soap dish next to the wall Buildup of cement/mortar varies from 1" to 2" thick along the area that needs to be cut There appears to be some sort of wire mesh in the cement/mortar
Is there a saw blade that can be used for this using one of 1) Jig saw ? 2) Reciprocating saw ? 3) Hand held saw ? 4) Anything else ?
snipped-for-privacy@isd.net says...

I'd go with 4). A RotoZip with a tile carbide (tile) bit should make short work of wall tile. I'd build a template just enough larger than the RotoZip foot to guide the bit.
I've had good luck cutting holes in wall tile (like 4" circles for dryer vents). As the instructions say, it's not for floor tile though. Floor tiles just laugh at the bits and they just sit there and blushing.
--
Keith

Keith Williams wrote:

I agree with # 4. Harbor freight sells inexpensive circular diamond blades for dremel tools. Diamond blades/bits cut tile very easily. Bob

You can also use a diamond blade in a circular saw. HF sell some small ones. Else I would use a hack saw for a rough cut and a file to finish the edges and straighten the cut. Actually I would finish with a file no matter what.

Phaser? :-)