Cutting a hole in Corian

I am replacing an faucet in my kitchen corian sink. The old faucet had a single hole that everything went though; the new one has three holes. So I need two new holes.
Is a hole saw the proper tool? A spade bit doesn't seem right. Any tips would be much appreciated.
BTW; the old faucet is about 6 years old. The rubber gasket basically disintigrated, so now it just flops around and can't be tightened up. Replacing the faucet is just as easy as replacing the gasket, so I would like one that doesn't have this problem. So... Is this an inherent problem with one hole faucets, or was mine poorly installed?
Thanks.

Poorly installed. I have single faucets for years with no problems like that.
Why replace it? Don't you have any duct tape???????
wrote in message

maintenance/mechanical humor.
If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.
If it won't move and should, use wd-40
toller wrote:

Except, of course, that if you replace the gasket, you don't have to be drilling holes in your countertop....

As I recall, cutting or drilling Corian requires speciality tools, such as carbide ones. It's been a while so you might check with a local Corian supplier. They can probably be rented, but overall, I'd just replace the single hole faucet with a new one, spending the money you save on not haveing to buy or rent tools on a higher quality one.
Yours could have been mid range to low end. Can you find a replacement gasket easily?
charles
Hole saw works fine. Used it many times. I believe 1 1/4 is the size.

On 1/17/2005 11:22 PM US(ET), toller took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infxtra/infdrillingcorian.shtm
--
Bill

used it to cut a hole in an electrical panel box.