Cutting a hole in Corian

I am replacing an faucet in my kitchen corian sink. The old faucet had a single hole that everything went though; the new one has three holes. So I need two new holes.

Is a hole saw the proper tool? A spade bit doesn't seem right. Any tips would be much appreciated.

BTW; the old faucet is about 6 years old. The rubber gasket basically disintigrated, so now it just flops around and can't be tightened up. Replacing the faucet is just as easy as replacing the gasket, so I would like one that doesn't have this problem. So... Is this an inherent problem with one hole faucets, or was mine poorly installed?

Thanks.

Reply to
toller

Poorly installed. I have single faucets for years with no problems like that.

Why replace it? Don't you have any duct tape???????

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Except, of course, that if you replace the gasket, you don't have to be drilling holes in your countertop....

Reply to
default

As I recall, cutting or drilling Corian requires speciality tools, such as carbide ones. It's been a while so you might check with a local Corian supplier. They can probably be rented, but overall, I'd just replace the single hole faucet with a new one, spending the money you save on not haveing to buy or rent tools on a higher quality one.

Yours could have been mid range to low end. Can you find a replacement gasket easily?

charles

Reply to
Charles Bishop

Hole saw works fine. Used it many times. I believe 1 1/4 is the size.

Reply to
calhoun

On 1/17/2005 11:22 PM US(ET), toller took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

willshak

At the risk of asking a stupid question, duct tape?

Reply to
toller

Thank you. Maybe I won't trust my Harbor Freight hole saw; though I just used it to cut a hole in an electrical panel box.

Reply to
toller

maintenance/mechanical humor.

If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

If it won't move and should, use wd-40

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski