cracking garage pad?

just a quick question....I have a montreal-style bilevel home (garage in the basement style)....I noticed that I have a very (very) fine hairline crack that runs from the edge of the pad about 5 feet in. No shifting or difference in height from one side to the other. VERY fine, and almost imperceivable to pick at with your fingernail.
should I be worried? the house is a 1984 model, and there is NO signs of any shifting in this time. thoughts?
I would worry more about a potential lightning strike than the crack in your pad.... if you get my drift.

the
you guys are too funny....having never owned a garage, I figured it was worth an ask. you feel mighty stooooooopid later if you had "just known"...
thanks! b

crack
of
Thoughts? Get a life and something worth worrying about!

the
hahaha....too funny. Wasn't really worried, just making sure that I didn't have to deal with something thats all...
thanks!

crack
of
"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message

the
You shouldn't allow crack in your home
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:02:03 GMT, "Hamilton Audio"

Small cracks like you describe aren't a problem. You don't need to worry unless the crack starts getting wide or the concrete shifts up/down creating a lip.
Steve B.
There are two types of concrete, the kind that cracks and the kind that is going to crack.
No worries, as others have said, for small cracks as you describe. If there is movement and big changes or heaving then you may want to be concerned.

the
You are in deep trouble brother. You better hire a structual engineer ASAP and move you family out of the house before the garage floor collaspes.
If that does not do you in, ants and termites will enter you hosue thru these cracks and east all of your oreos and furniture.