crack in the center of new home

i recently bought a new house in the tampa, florida area. 3 weeks into living in the brand new house a crack formed across the center of the house in the floor and is spreading up the wall and ceiling in the same area in my kitchen. the builder told me it was a cosmetic issue after surveying the crack. i strongly disagree, assuming that this is a structural issue with the concrete slab the house is sitting on. my family has been in construction for YEARS and i do have some experience but need a second opinion. can anyone help me??
Proly is just going to turn into a legal war, if you insist on remedy--your architects/engineers agin theirs. May want to drill a 1" hole or so, to see if the crack indeed extends to any depth. May need to be even bigger than 1".
This is why I recommend buying older houses. Mine is 1920. Sheeit, iffin it's still standin after 75 years, it was built right. Yeah, cloth wiring is not so swift, but at least there's lots of circuits.
The other thing I advise against, in new/near new housing, is buying from a fukn developer. Try to buy from someone who had the house built for them, not a fukn developer out to make a buck. Developers are right down there feeding on the bottom, with politicians, lawyers, stockbrokers and doctors driving fukn Mercedes, whilst they put a lien on yer house.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:33:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Dude or Dudette
Since this is in florida USA, you really should shut the hell up about this. Crack is ILLEGAL in the USA, and telling everyone about it is only gonna get you arrested. It mite already be too late. Go enjoy the crack. Snort it, or shoot it, but shut the fuck up about it for your own good. The house builder probably gave it to you as a gift.
On Jun 13, 2:46 am, snipped-for-privacy@daghetto.com wrote:

If your family has been in construction for years, it seems strange you'd be asking here for advice, when none of us can even see what it looks like visually. Do you have a new home warranty? Many new construction homes do, and you could start pursuing it with them. Besides saying it's cosmetic, did the builder offer to fix it? You also don't tell us what the kitchen floor material is, which obvioulsy makes a big difference.
Most likely you'll need to get a structural engineer in to give an opinion as to what's wrong, what caused it, and how to fix it.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

there awhile. My family has many butts and all of them appear to have a crack but I need a second opinion. Can anybody help me??
--
---
there should be a "sig" here