covering grooves

My basement wall panels have about 1/8" grooves running from top to bottom. I am looking for an easy solutions to cover these grooves so the panels will look flat. I've tried to patch these grooves with joint compounds but it is taking too long. I've also tried the primer but it would require 5-6 coats to fill these grooves. Are there any products out there that can be use to fill these groove and make the process go much faster?
TIA
jyione ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) wrote...

A fella at work told me about some stuff he called vinyl patch. He uses it to fill in cracks at places like where the crown molding meets the ceiling. Don't know if it'd work in your situation or not.
If it's taking too long to fill them in you could just cover the walls with a paintable wall covering. I did our basement bathroom (paneling) like that and turned out real nice. Or you could just paint over the paneling. I've done that as well. Has a unique, country kind of look to it. Painting the paneling does take some time as well. Damn grooves.
Anyway, my two cents. -Chris
There is a paper that you can paste over the panelling and then paint when it dries.
wrote...

bottom.
will
it is

coats

Try caulking then.
No matter how you do it, its gonna take time.
Put a little more in the grooves than you need...smooth into grove with a wide putty knife.
Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...
Trent