Counter from Home Depot

Page 1 of 2
I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot and the only option they have is to use their installer.
They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after the installer came out to take measurements, I'd need to come back to the store and pay a *slight* additional fee to make up for the discrepancy between their estimate and the installer's actual figures.
When I returned to the store yesterday, to my surprise they counted out a *cash* refund of $240!
I'll have to give them credit for honesty, this is the first time I've ever seen an estimate go down.
My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of the store.

Since that guy is a Home Depot contractor, I wonder how much it would be if you just called him directly. I only paid a hundred and a quarter for a cultured marble bathroom sink and counter top. I installed it myself.

25 years ago I did it myself.
Note: this is a kitchen, so larger than a bathroom counter.
The problem is, after 25 years, water seeped through and damaged it...so I wanted to get an integrated sink/counter.
Since they did not let me just order one...I figured what the heck, let them install it.
Since I started this project I have been putting in as long as 15 hour days...so if I have to spend a few bucks for someone else's labor...to me it's worth it.
I'm 66 years old and had both knees replaced a few years ago and am surprised I can do this still without burning out.
On 8/6/2015 12:26 PM, philo wrote:

I'm older too and hire folks to do stuff I used to do.
Someone said that if you wake up in the morning and something does not hurt, it don't work.
On 08/06/2015 02:41 PM, Frank wrote:

All in all my aches and pains are not too bad.
The most difficult part was carrying in the 65 pound bucket of drywall compound.
Ten years ago I would not have thought it heavy.
Frank posted for all of us...

YUP! If I wake up in the morning and make to the bathroom it's a good day.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

On 08/07/2015 02:23 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

When I had my knees replaced and was still in the hospital...they took my "piss bottle" away after a few days and I had to walk to the bathroom.
First time, I did not time things too well and peed in my pants for the first time in over 60 years (not counting my drunken binge first week in college)
I was real embarrassed, but the nice folks in the hospital said they had seen worse.
Now as to my drunken binge, I do not know 100% for sure that I peed in my pants but from what I was told...I did pretty much everything there was to do...so assume I peed in my pants too.

Maybe somebody else peed in them.
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Two of the roommates I've had here at the center have knee replacements and one of them said that his orthopedist told him that he won't be able to be nd his knee past 90 degrees. Is that the case with your bionic knees? ?( ? ° ?? ?°)?

I've looked at kitchen counters but I couldn't figure them out. I need a counter weight or a counter so I can count my posts in a month...
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

On 08/06/2015 03:43 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I looked around my house and counted *one* kitchen.
Easy to do myself...

Can't bend more than 90 degrees!!! I would look for a new doctor, or a new brand of implants. Find out the brand he want to use and check it out on the internet, the information is out there. My wife has bad knees, as well as myself. The doctor who examined her knees suggested an Oxford partial implant. I checked it all out on the internet and it looked to be a good option, but her health is not so good and she doesn't heel very quickly so she is reluctant to have it done as it will cause a lot of pain and lay her up for quite a while before she heals enough to be able to walk again.
On 08/10/2015 05:10 PM, EXT wrote:

Nope that's not what the problem is...
They *did* bend way more than 90 degrees problem is not the knee
as I mentioned before it's scar tissue on the ACL
I can probably get it fixed but my knees are so good and I'm doing so much work I just don't have time to go back to the doctor

LOL!....
She was only trying to do her job. ;)
nb
On 08/06/2015 09:10 AM, notbob wrote:

Yep and she will spend it yet... however there are a lot of things for this project she bought, using her own money...

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she shops for clothes : )
On 08/06/2015 12:43 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Correct, there is no way in hell I'd go clothes shopping with her usually
but when we were on vacation and I was relaxed I did go with her just to see the NY City Macy's
Once we got to the upper floors it was not a mad house at all.
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:43:52 PM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:

You've got me a little worried. If Home Depot is a man's store, do I need to worry about turning into a man the next time I go there to pick up (for example) a sack of concrete?
Cindy Hamilton
On 08/07/2015 01:54 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

When I go to Home Depot I see plenty of men and women there.
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:41:00 -0500, philo

Very good.

You shouldn't let money burn a hole in your pocket. if you do, it can set your pants on fire, and then you'll end up naked. You wouldn't want your wife to be naked at HD, would you?
On 08/06/2015 04:55 PM, micky wrote:

sure, why not???