Costco Declining?

Anyone notice a decline in Costco quality, especially in the tools section? It used to be that I could buy multiple rolls of duct tape or 3M blue masking tape for a great price. That stuff is no longer carried. Not to mention the air nailers, etc. I could go on about stuff, but it seems that most of the stuff they carry now is junk.

Maybe some of it's a result of the declining dollar.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

No problems here. Very satisfied. But I rarely buy tools there. They tend to have the big sets, most of which I have. If I need a tool, it's usually a single special one I'm after.

Reply to
trader4

I have 3 Costcos within about 5 miles. All three carry different range of stock. One store may carry a high end tool, the other 2 don't. Basically it is all up to the store management, if something or a category sells well, they carry it, otherwise they drop it and don't even bring more into the store.

No problems here. Very satisfied. But I rarely buy tools there. They tend to have the big sets, most of which I have. If I need a tool, it's usually a single special one I'm after.

Reply to
EXT