Cost of Repairing an Amana Washer

The repair guy came over and gave me an estimate of $250.00 to fix the seal and put in a new belt. That seems like a lot, but I don't know. If it really costs that much, I'll just get a new washer.
Opinions?
Thanks,
S.
My gut feeling that a seal and a belt can't be to much for parts and it is not a big deal to swap out the parts yourself.
google "appliance parts" for some diagrams and sources for parts. Have the model and serial number available.
If you can change the starter on a car, you can probably fix your washing machine.
--

Roger Shoaf

My "gut feeling" is that if a machine is more than 5 years old and isn't a "premium" machine (front loader, replacement cost more than $400), then the first "real" problem that you can't address yourself you get a replacement machine.