I have 1 solar light that the battery contacts have some corrosion,it does
not light up ,new batteries,take it down in the basement tried using sand
paper and it lights up,it will work for a day or so,is there any thing on
the market that can eat away the corrosion.Thanks
The real trick is to eliminate the non-conductive film and
lean the rest. Sand paper tends to take off the good with the bad. I
suspect you may have done the damage.
I suggest using something designed for the job. You can buy
contact cleaner spray and it should be accompanied by the contact
lube-protection spray. I get mine from Radio Shack (Tandy some
Try some DeOxit. I think Radio Shack sells it now. Ive heard from a
reliable sourcevitamin E also works but I havent tried it. I would
have to be out of DeOxit first.and in desperate need. I figure it
couldnt hurt though.
Pour some Coca-Cola on there. Let it sit. Rinse it off. Use a short metal
bristled toothbrush to clean it, and reassemble. Use some protectorant on
there, something as common as axle grease or vaseline to keep it from
happening again. Take it easy, as you don't want to take off too much
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.