Corian sink repair

How do I buff out or repair a corian sink edge that has been burned slightly by a hot pan rested on it.
www.corian.com

Did you even look at your lame link to find out it has no information about repair. Closest it comes to answering the OP question is to say not to put hot pots on the surface. I think he already knows that.
The general wisdom on countertops is that once you buy all the required abrasives and power buffer needed to remove the defect and then polish the surface, you will have spent as much as a pro and have lots of leftovers. Then there is the issue of skill, do you think you can make it look good the first and only time you will do it. Corian also has the option of color matched fillers if required, you'll never get that in the retail world.
If it is a real shallow burn, you might try some rubbing compound but even this might dull the finish.

I guess you didn't look deep enuf:
http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces/en_US/products/corian/corian_care.html
Beyond that he will indeed have to call a pro.

I found that, it still has nothing about repair. It is strictly care and maintenence. This is the page that says not to put hot pots on the counter I referred to.

Right near the end it discussed sanding pads.
In my opinion, you're wasting your time. Contact Corian. They'll fix the counter.
I don't know how old yours is, but mine exploded (cracked) a couple of years after I got it. (Microwave heated the counter.) Corian fixed it no questions asked. Total cost ZERO.
You gave up too early. Sanding instructions are on that page.

Well I could give him a fish or I could give him a fishing rod. I did the latter.

On Mon, 15 May 2006 12:47:12 -0500, "kheffner"

The Corian mechanics say use a Scotch brite and some elbow grease