Cordless Phones

Anyone using the Dect 6.0 phones yet? How are they better than 5.8 GHz?
Bad for your health..
On 11/07/08 05:17 pm metspitzer wrote:

We have a set of six Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phones. Much better than the Sony 2.4GHz ones we had before: better range, and they don't mess with the wireless networking.
I assumed that they were 6.0GHz, but I think I read that they are 1.9GHz. The 6.0 indicates something other than the frequency.
I have no experience of 5.8GHz ones.
Perce
On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 22:26:43 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Many phones come with an extra hand set and you can get another one for around 30 bucks. If I could buy two more off the shelf I think I would get 4 to start with.
The main time I feel like making phone calls is when I am in the bathroom. That is where I have my extra handset. :) That is probably my most productive time for bill/business calls. I drop my mail off in the bathroom when it comes from the mailbox.
I would use the third for the kitchen and the 4th probably in the basement.