copper powder and roses

Hello
has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose bushes?
Paul Oman wrote:

Copper sprays and dusts are used to control diseases, not insects.
Paul Oman wrote:

I've never heard of a powder to put around rose bushes for insect control. Only ones I'm familiar with were dusted ON the plant. Japanese beetles were the only bug that was a serious threat when I was growing roses. My roses fed a lot of little beetles :o)
Copper that I'm familiar with is used as a fungicide.

Copper Sulfate is a poison, my state stopped selling it to the public, I dont think its for insects.

Warning, copper salts can be very toxic, usually used to prevent fungus. A rose systemic works well on sucking insects.

A diluted dish detergent in a spray bottle will help control aphids.
Kills those little suckers. Or drowns them... cheap.