copper powder and roses

Hello

has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose bushes?

Reply to
Paul Oman

Copper sprays and dusts are used to control diseases, not insects.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

I've never heard of a powder to put around rose bushes for insect control. Only ones I'm familiar with were dusted ON the plant. Japanese beetles were the only bug that was a serious threat when I was growing roses. My roses fed a lot of little beetles :o)

Copper that I'm familiar with is used as a fungicide.

Reply to
norminn

Copper Sulfate is a poison, my state stopped selling it to the public, I dont think its for insects.

Reply to
ransley

Warning, copper salts can be very toxic, usually used to prevent fungus. A rose systemic works well on sucking insects.

Reply to
Phisherman

A diluted dish detergent in a spray bottle will help control aphids.

Kills those little suckers. Or drowns them... cheap.

Reply to
Oren