Construction Site Paper Bag Mystery Thief

OK, this is rediculous. I am building a barn on my farm. Yesterday I ran out of pole barn spikes and 16D sinkers. I went to the local hardware store and got a few pounds of each, which were put in brown paper bags. When I got home I took the nails into the completed portion of the barn and set the 2 bags on a scrap board on the ground. I used a few of each, and ended work for the night when it started to rain. Today I went to the barn and I find the nails scatterred all over the ground inside the completed part of the barn, and the bags are gone. The bags were completely gone and I never even found a piece of one of them.
What the F**K ?????
There were no people around at anytime. I have horses and they have access to the place I am building this barn, but I purposely parked my tractor against the open end of the incomplete barn, so they dont make a mess or get hurt in there. Even if the shetland pony snuck in past all the obstacles, there would have been hoof prints in the mud entering the area, from the rain. I dont own dogs, and a dog would chew the bags, not steal them. I dont own goats, but I do have cats, but cats dont bother with paper bags, (unless they contained food), and a cat could not have moved a bag with about 4 lbs of nails.
That eliminates all my pets and farm animals, and eliminates other people. All that's left would be wildlife. Of all the critters around here, about the only thing I can possibly suspect would be raccoons. But why would a coon go thru the hassle of dumping nails just to steal paper bags. The other creatures I normally see are possums, rabbits, woodchucks, birds, wild turkeys, and of course, mice, gophers moles and other tunneling creatures.
Any ideas, anyone?
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

The have a sense of humor.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
maybe racoon needed nesting materials.
if your real curious put more out with a VCR and see who and what the thief is:)
What would a racoon do with a VCR?

Craven Morehead wrote:

Actually baby racoons LOVE videos of little kids and movies about the great outdoors:)
That remark is funny! Seamus J. Wilson

It was funny when I saw it and again now that you mention it.
I just can't help but thinking of a karaoke machine sitting out there and the mic taped to the bag.
Oren

Bigfoot!

Watch Animal Planet?

lol
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:33:27 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Some aliens with poor sense of smell thought you might have left some dirty socks underneath that stuff, so they dumped it out. They then took the bags, hoping to trade them for dirty socks somewhere in Utah.