Condensation inside storm windows in summer, but ...

It happens when it's extra humid outside. It's in one room only. Both the inside of the storm windows and the outside of the house windows fog up. The windows have an air conditioning register below them, which means the inside of the glass could be extra cold. I would think the inside windows aren't sealed tightly, but one of them doesn't open (i.e. it's a permanent picture window encased in wood). The storm windows slide and their frames are not sealed against the house. The permanent picture window storm window obviously doesn't slide. It's worse since we had the outside of the house painted, including the window frames and glazing. My great Googling skills fail to find a solution because it's a summer problem and not a winter one. What's up with this?

Reply to
nielloeb

My guess would be that the AC vent causes the picture window to be cooler and accumulate condensation....the storm probably has drain holes (?) so that the air between the pic and the storm is humid.

Is the AC vent directed toward the window? Drapes on the window that trap cooler air from the AC vent and make the win colder?

Worse since painting/glazing? Was the pic win leaky before, so that the space warmed more easily? Hmmmm....

Have a friend who keeps bathroom window cracked open all of the time; AC vent in that room is upper corner, opposite the window. The cold air blowing onto adjacent wall created an always damp, mildewy area because the open window let in very humid (Florida) air.

Reply to
Norminn

Hmmm, If it is multi pane sealed window, I guess the seal is broken.

Reply to
Tony Hwang