Concrete Garage Floor

We just finished mudding our garage and in the process, some of the mud fell on the floor and dried up. When we were all done, we swept most of the dust out of the garage, but to clean the floor good, we took a garden hose and rinsed out the garage. Anyway, we took the taping knive to the concrete ground and scraped up the hardened dried joint compound and now it looks like we have scuffs in the concrete. Why would this happen? Is the concrete not dry after 4 months? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Also, what works best to clean up any remaining joint compound off the floor?
Thanks,
matt
BigDaDDY wrote:

i had a house built in 1972 and they had the blown ceiling in the house... every floor in the house had spots of the drywall stuff on it. it did not matter as the entire house had the floor covered with tile or carpet... not in the garage, i think the garage floor was scrubbed up to get the stuff off the floor???? but it was the only floor to have the stuff removed... even after 30 yrs... the laundry room when the tile came up you could see the 2 in. sized spots of drywall they left there.. looked like white spots... but they did clean up the garage........

garden
it
the
And this answers which of the questions in the OP?

|> BigDaDDY wrote: |> > |> > We just finished mudding our garage and in the process, some of the mud |> > fell on the floor and dried up. When we were all done, we swept most of |> > the dust out of the garage, but to clean the floor good, we took a |garden |> > hose and rinsed out the garage. Anyway, we took the taping knive to the |> > concrete ground and scraped up the hardened dried joint compound and now |it |> > looks like we have scuffs in the concrete. Why would this happen? Is |the |> > concrete not dry after 4 months? Is there anything I can do to fix it? |> > Also, what works best to clean up any remaining joint compound off the |> > floor? |> > |> > Thanks, |> > |> > matt |> i had a house built in 1972 and they had the blown ceiling in the |> house... every floor in the house had spots of the drywall stuff on it. |> it did not matter as the entire house had the floor covered with tile or |> carpet... not in the garage, i think the garage floor was scrubbed up to |> get the stuff off the floor???? but it was the only floor to have the |> stuff removed... even after 30 yrs... the laundry room when the tile |> came up you could see the 2 in. sized spots of drywall they left there.. |> looked like white spots... but they did clean up the garage........ | |And this answers which of the questions in the OP? | The silent plea for sympathy?
Rex in Fort Worth
- BigDaDDY -

now it

the
it?
- Nehmo - Concrete doesn't "dry", it cures, and it increases in strength as time goes on. However, standard mix concrete reaches pretty close to its maximum strength in a month.
It's hard to be sure at this distance, but it sounds like your concrete is not as hard as it should be. (Maybe there was an impurity in the mix.) Compare your concrete's resistance to chipping to that of another piece of concrete if you want to know.
There's nothing you can do at this point to harden the concrete. A pressure washer will get up the joint compound. If you don't have one, use muriatic acid, but you're still going to have a mark of sorts. Painting over will cover everything.
But since it's a garage, just ignore the scuffs.
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *