Concrete - Am i over reacting?

We recently hard concrete poured in front of our home and when it rains the concrete in front of my home looks disgusting while it's drying. Now that it's fall it looks absolutely hideous when I remove the leaves (wet leaves actually - it rained). It looks like there is tons of soot and the whole mess is patchy. What gets me is that rest of concrete in the area - sidewalk, neighbors, down the block, etc. - all have a uniform looks. The drying isn't patchy and the leaves don't leave heavy dark spots.

Am I over reacting or did I get screwed by the contractor?

Reply to
coolneo

I vote for "over reacting". Leaves left in rain leave tannin stains on concrete. Over time, the concrete will lighten up, and look more like your neighbors'.

Reply to
Roger

You could try using one of those waterproofing sealants. They last for a while.

Reply to
Art

This is Turtle.

When all else fails, you might call the contractor and ask him about it. Most all contractor would discuss it with you or even come see it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I actually have no idea about concrete but I had mine re-poured by the cheapest bidder (local government had to pay for it hence cheapest) and it looked like crap - spotty, rough, course - when it was poured 5 years ago and guess what? I looks like crap now....

I now believe, like everything else, there's good jobs and bad jobs...

Reply to
Me

Mine sure didn't lighten up...

Reply to
Me

Tried that too... didn't work.... in fact it was a total waste of time and money IMO

Reply to
Me

Does it look ok when dry????

If it does look ok when dry, then try somethingoff the wall, like that tire shine crap that is all the rage in cars nowadays............ I can't get the crap off the concrete for years now, after stepson did his tires in the driveway. When it rains, there are spots that never look like they get wet at all.......................... It's worth a shot..............LOL

I know that sounds like an assinine thing to suggest, but I am seriously just trying to help with ideas for the issue at hand.

Hope this helps.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®