Compressor Noise

I have a Kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator (built by Amana-Maytag). Overall the compressor is quiet, compared to older units. But when the compressor first comes on, perhaps 30 seconds or so later, I hear some popping noises that go away about 10 to 15 seconds later. This is loud enough to be heard in the next room; it sounds like someone playing the drums in there. I am told by Sears that this is normal, the Freon expanding or some such thing. But it is bothersome enough that I am considering buying another type of refrigerator. Is this sort of thing common with all new refrigerators? Even top freezer models? Thanks.

Ross Payne

Reply to
Ross Payne

Hi,

People ask about noises on all makes, styles nowadays!

Probably is....talk to the Manuafcture as -some- have a gurgle kit that often ( not always ) helps with ( mask ) the refrigerant noises.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid