Complaint: Zircon in bed with battery manufacturers?

I absolutely HATE the power/mode selector button on my Zircon studfinder! The lightest touch will turn the darn thing on and run the battery down. (It doesn't help that the battery used is a 9v either.) I can't tell you how many times I've gone into my toolbox, unzipped the handy Zircon carrying case, and found the thing "deader than a door nail."
Now I'm at the point of unplugging the battery after every use. This is not a convenience either.
Zircon if you're reading this; Use a simple slide switch to turn the unit off!!!!!!
I'm glad I got that off my chest.
Thank you, Mark
Try using rechargable batteries.
Find another storage spot where it wont get pressed to ON. Battery in mine must be 6 years old.

Like wise! I have two Zircon stud finders, I don't remember when I put batteries in them last. I just used them the other day. Greg
Put a piece of tape over the switch when you store it, that is what I do. I agree it is a pain.