Color to paint furniture?

I have a cheap piece of furniture that I want to repaint and sell at a garage sale. I'm sure it will sell better if I repaint it. It looks REAL bad now.
What color would you recommend that would make it more appealing to potential buyers?
It's actually a bedroom piece but I've been using it in the living room. It's about 5' tall. It has cabinet doors on either side with drawers and a shelf in the middle. I've been using the shelf to hold a TV.
Any suggestions?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~