Clothing fitting room occupied indicator

With fitting rooms at the clothing store, it sure would be nice to make some easy way to know if the room is occupied. Is something made? I know Kwikset has an "occupied" deadbolt, that has an outside signal when the bolt is thrown.
How about a door mat, with a weight sensor. If someone is standing on the pad, it blinks a LED, that can be seen from outside.
Or, a plastic piece, that the store employee can tip up when someone walks in, and falls down on its own when the door opens again.
This banging on the door to see if anyone screams, that's so old fashioned.
Is anything made, that I can offer to stores, and make some money installing such a system?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Why? Several reasons. 1. Stores have less than no money to spend. 2. People are stupid. 3. Most places use the open door system - if the door is open room is available otherwise find an open door.
Lou
LouB wrote:

You could always buy a bunch of used porta-potty or aircraft restroom doors to use for the dressing rooms. They all have those little flags that show on outside when you latch them.
All in all, a solution in search of a problem. Like the last guy said, just look for the open doors. (Or the feet showing under the closed ones.)
-- aem sends...

If the fitting room has a light switch, there are all kinds of movement sensors that could be installed. They shut the lights off after a few minutes of inactivity.
Making sure the sensor isn't blocked is a prime consideration.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That\'s a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.

    Not a bad idea. I remember back about 35 years ago when I was working retail, I was filling in for an other manager in the sporting goods department and a young lady had not bothered to follow my suggestion that she try on the men's clothing she had picked out in the woman's department across the way.
    Some poor man walked in on her. He shoot out of there dropped what he was planning to try on the counter and I never saw him again. The young lady and I had a good laugh at that one.
    So yea, it is a good idea and it would benefit the store as well. I suspect we lost a sale to the man who left.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Are you too good to share a fitting room?
--
Van Chocstraw

Answered your own question there, didn't you?
Why would I answer my own question? Probably because the answer was like a chicken trying to cross the road, while screwing in a light bulb, and clapping with one hand, while trying to scratch a friend's back because he had just greased my palm with silver.
Really, I was looking for something high tech. Those occupied deadbolt things are so old fashioned.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

So when you push on the door and the door is locked you don't take that as a hint that the room is probably occupied?