cloth dryer don't stop

My cloth dryer would not stop, resulting in overheating clothings and waste of energy. Is this something that can be fixed myself? Any hints in how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Does it have a dial that you turn to set the time, which then turns round? Does this still turn rouind as it shjould?
--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@i.am | Ian Stirling.

Sounds like a bad timer. Check out www.repairclinic.com or www.411appliance.com for more information. Ed
VICTOR wrote:

in my old kenmore dryer repair book it says: Will not shut off: timer, power realy, operating thermostat, shorted sensor, electronic control, air-heat switch.... hope this helps... you can probably go to any appliance parts store and buy a repair manaul for $15 or less and then be able to troubleshoot the machine and save about $100 on a service call and repair...
VICTOR wrote

Does the timer move or stay in the same spot?
Does it act the same on every heat setting (regular, auto/permanent press, etc.) or just 1 or 2 of them?
What make and model number is the dryer?
(you can find tips for locating the model number on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below).
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=dryer+timer
=~~~~~~