Clogged kitchen drain

Sorry if this has been covered before but...
I have a clogged kitchen drain. There is a disposal on the sink. Running the disposal clear the sink, but the water line settles at the top of the disposal and will not go any lower. I took off the pipes and ran a 25 foot snake, all of it, and found nothing in the way.
Any ideas?
Last night I shaved off my beard. It had been growing since before the superbowl, so it was quite a bit of hair. I was worried that if I ran it down the sink it would clog things up, so I scooped it all up and flushed it instead.

<BRILLIANT!!>

I've heard you can also toss that kind of coarse hair into the garbage, but I'd probably want to google the subject just to be sure.
Effi says hair disposed of in that manner can cause cancer.

Not if you line your hat with aluminum foil.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html
Have you ever tried to drain snake a clogged garbage can? Wow, what a silly idea... throw hair into a garbage bag and set it out to the street.....
<sigh> some usenet poster. Harumph.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I had a worn out disposal in a rental property once and it was just pushing the food down into the plumbing. Maybe you need to snake out your drain and replace the disposal??? Good luck, Ross

Running
the
pushing
and
=================== The disposal is 2 years old, and is top of the line.
I did snake it out -- 25 feet worth of snake -- found nothing in the way.
Anything else?
H wrote:

If you were using a little 1/4" cable-in-a-drum snake, it may not be big enuf to clear a kitchen drain. Often the gooey clog will simply congeal again after the snake leaves.
Rent a bigger hand-held powered snake with bigger cable and cutter. Also, make sure the snake actually goes *down* the drain and not *up* the vent (if it has a vent).
If you are certain there is no vent, you could use one of those expansion plugs that attach to a garden hose to flush the drain under pressure. This can be effective in some cases. Do NOT try it if there is a vent; you may flood the kitchen.
Jim

Jim's right here....check the vent next.....That is snake the vent from the roof...that cured some problems for me through the years.....good luck..Ross
Speedy Jim wrote:

Am I correct in assuming that the flood you refer to occurs when you take out the expansion plug without realizing that you've just pushed water up into and filled the ventpipe all the way to its tippy top?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff, just shut the fuck up, you little bitch.
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Yes indeedy! What a surprise it makes! Jim