Clearance Height for Garage Door Opener

I'm having a garage door installed - 9'6" tall and 10' wide - and I'm wondering: how much clearance do I need from the top of the tracks to the ceiling for the installation of garage door opener, such as one made from Sears? The height of the door is 9'6", and the ceiling is 10' 11". Will an opener fit, and if not, can the horizontal tracks be angled downwards (from the face of the door to the middle of the garage) a few inches to make room for the opener.
Thanks in advance.
Bob P.
You need to check the specifications for the specific door and opener.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On 30 Jan 2004 10:38:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@spgppi.com (Bob P.) wrote:

Consider asking the installer?
snipped-for-privacy@spgppi.com (Bob P.) wrote in message

The minimum clearance I've run across is 13 inches. Tom Baker

http://www.chamberlain.com/diy/faq/view/0,2813,uid-PL13013365-cat-10,00.html
Check that site out. it gives gerneral guide lines for how much room you need above the door.
snipped-for-privacy@spgppi.com (Bob P.) wrote in message

Yes you have plenty of room. You can get a door w/ 12" radius track & an opener in with 12" headroom (floor to ceiling measurement minus the opening height) or in 15" w/ 15" radius track. However Sears probably will not have a rail in stock for a 9'6 tall door. The standard opener will open a 7'6 tall door and the opener w/ an optional extension kit will open a 8' tall door. Many garage door dealers stock rails that will open up to a 10' tall door.
Doordoc www.DoorsAndOpeners.com
Bob,
I believe that Wayne Dalton sells a garage door opener that's built into the tension/torsion spring immediately above the door on the wall.
Take a look at the web page for Wayne Dalton (http://www.waynedalton.com ) and click on the motor on the left side of the page.
Good Luck,
Larry Hazel