cleaning brickwork

I had some idiots paint the house, and they managed to splatter paint on my red brickwork. They powerwashed some of it, but all it did was spread the mess! Is there any way to cleaning it off without destroying the brick's grain. Parts that were sanded show up differently! I was thinking of using a blow torch, but don't know if that will make it worse. Any suggestions??

Did you pay them, sanding was stupid so is a blow torch. Did you ever hear of paint remover and a soft brush, I bet they dont have insurance and you never checked.