Clean dishwasher

I would like to pass along a note about a product I found. We have hard water, and our dishwasher shows it. There was considerable buildup in it. Tried CLR without alot of success. Went to Ace & picked up something called "Dishwasher Magic". Used it once, and all the buildup was gone. Dishwasher even SOUNDS like it has more pressure in it. Dishes are cleaner. I think it cost something like 6 bucks. Active ingredient is citric acid. They said it is OK for septics, but I don't know about septic rules. No, this isn't an advertisement, just passing some info. They have something on the shelf next to it for washing machines, but they were out of it. I'll try it when they get more in & pass along my findings.
Oxalic acid works too but is quite toxic. Cheaper and sold as wood bleach. Just be careful with it and rinse the washer twice afterwards.

called
Dishwasher
it
Oxalic acid is also active ingredient in Bar Keepers Friend.
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:43:41 GMT, "Art"

Another good product is Tang(tm) instant breakfast drink. It's primarily citric acid, which is the main ingredient in most DW cleaning products.
Tang's an inexpensive alternative, although you may have to run the DW twice, as it's not as concentrated as our commercial grade stuff, ie Frigidaire's 'Glisten', GE's c. acid crystals, etc.
Either fill the detergent dispenser with it, or, better yet, throw a couple of tablespoons directly into the wash water. Be sure you're running the machine empty, with no dishes.
Hope that's of some help.
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter. (Back issues now posted here too!) www.DavesRepair.com