Class? Class?

Page 1 of 2

My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Steve
Steve B wrote:

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:19:54 -0600, Mike Paulsen

Typical Microshaft
"Yeah we broke it, tough shit."
The new files (in the Office 97 upgrade we sent you) are incompatible with Outlook Express. You can resolve this issue by installing Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail is downloadable from http://download.live.com/wlmail (http://download.live.com/wlmail )
There are a variety of third-party free spell-checking programs available on the Internet.

For which software? And how many kids use the computer?

Power eerything down and restart
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:02:38 -0800, Steve B wrote:

Telling folk the OS, application and sellchecker that you use would be useful, you know...
Jules wrote:

You mean there is more than one spellchecker application? ;->
Jon
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:43:17 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

Well, there's certainly a choice of spell-checking back ends under Linux, and different apps can be configured to use different ones - so yes, quoting the exact configuration is important. Windows is doubtless less flexible, but the OP didn't originally say that they were using Windows (they presumably have now, given the number of posts about Office 2007!)
... which reminds me, I really must fix spell-checking in Openoffice; it broke in an upgrade about 6 months ago and I've not got around to fixing it yet :-)
cheers
Jules
Jules wrote:

I assumed he was talking about the machine we was posting from, which claimed: X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843

Oui, c'est facile
Easy work-around Type your text as usual. Then select and copy it, paste into Google translator. Translate to French, then spell check. Translate back to English and print.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

That, or move to France.
Or hire a cute little French maid to help you.

Maid. Good. Discussion over.

Obviously facetious answer but in fact trying to work with Word or where ever in MS you need to do this, your solution is probably quicker ;)

Sorta like those xxx-EASY payments in those TV junk ads.
Steve B wrote:

This phenomenon has been around since Office 2007 first came out. You really should keep up.
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:02:38 -0800, "Steve B"

microsoft generated gray box warnings are in Polish.
Trade you ;-)
Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.
sigh .......

Maybe this? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm .....Paul
Steve B wrote:

"Live" doesn't have anything to do with it. Outlook (or OE) uses the spell checker provided with Word. With Word 2007 and beyond (Office for XP, etc.), the only spell checker is the French one (Legal reasons to allow Office to be sold in France). If you want a spell-checker, there are ways...
Google is not necessarily your friend, but may be in this one instance.

What??? You're saying there IS no English spell checker for Word 2007, purchased and installed in the USA?