Class? Class?

Mike Paulsen

For which software? And how many kids use the computer?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Power eerything down and restart

Reply to
hrhofmann

Telling folk the OS, application and sellchecker that you use would be useful, you know...

Reply to
Jules

My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Oui, c'est facile

Easy work-around Type your text as usual. Then select and copy it, paste into Google translator. Translate to French, then spell check. Translate back to English and print.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That, or move to France.

Or hire a cute little French maid to help you.

Reply to
Chuck

Obviously facetious answer but in fact trying to work with Word or where ever in MS you need to do this, your solution is probably quicker ;)

Reply to
Frank

Maid. Good. Discussion over.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This phenomenon has been around since Office 2007 first came out. You really should keep up.

Reply to
HeyBub

You mean there is more than one spellchecker application? ;->

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:JvWdndk3JZf0TbrWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Sorta like those xxx-EASY payments in those TV junk ads.

Reply to
Red Green

My pc got stuck in Polish after loading a USB driver and all the microsoft generated gray box warnings are in Polish.

Trade you ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Typical Microshaft

"Yeah we broke it, tough shit."

The new files (in the Office 97 upgrade we sent you) are incompatible with Outlook Express. You can resolve this issue by installing Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail is downloadable from

There are a variety of third-party free spell-checking programs available on the Internet.

Reply to
gfretwell

Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.

sigh .......

Reply to
Steve B

Maybe this?

.....Paul

Reply to
catguy

"Live" doesn't have anything to do with it. Outlook (or OE) uses the spell checker provided with Word. With Word 2007 and beyond (Office for XP, etc.), the only spell checker is the French one (Legal reasons to allow Office to be sold in France). If you want a spell-checker, there are ways...

Google is not necessarily your friend, but may be in this one instance.

Reply to
HeyBub

What??? You're saying there IS no English spell checker for Word 2007, purchased and installed in the USA?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No, dopey. The problem is that the upgrade install of Office 2007 replaces the old spell check libraries for English, French and German, with new ones that are incompatible with Outlook.

I don't think that is SteveB's problem at all.

Reply to
salty

Steve's problem is that he can't name the software he's referring to. Either that or my news server has missed an important message from him.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom