circuit problem

Hi...
On top of everything else blowing up in the house lately, we had an odd thing - the circuit which we think has just the garage lights appears to have gone dead. At least none of the lights come on, and I'd be skeptical that all the bulbs blew at once. We haven't noticed any other things being out and the circuit breaker wasn't flipped. We toggled it a few times just to be sure, but no luck.
What should we look at first, or should we just call the electrician?
Thanks -Mark
Probably the electrician, however you should look for the common denominator, which, since it's only the lights in garage, may be the switch. And even more likely if you have a set of three ways controlling the lights. You could also check the garage GFCI outlet, if you have one, although it doesn't need to be protecting the lighting

try changing a bulb, maybe a surge blew them. try measuring power at the circuit breaket output screw inside the panel with one hand in your pocket and the other handing a few dollars to a local electrician. :) review the faq while waiting for the electrician to arrive at: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/electrical-wiring/part1 /
Mark Modrall wrote:

Mark Modrall wrote:

I would try a bulb, easy and save to do. However I would also look around for all the GFI's you can find. Look in the breaker box, the kitchen and each bath; also check any outside outlets and garage outlets. Make sure none are tripped.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Mark Modrall posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

As others have stated: 1) Known good bulb 2) GFCI tripped somewhere - poosibly on outside garage outlet 3) Electrician I would try #2 first
--
Tekkie

b 2) GFCI tripped somewhere - poosibly on outside garage outlet

Yep, #2