choosing a jacusi tub

I'm looking to install an outdoor 8 man jacuzi tub on my back porch. What are some of the better names, and retailers to get it?
Mike

That would be Jacuzzi of course since you asked about a jacuzi tub. .
Oh, do you mean what brand of spa or hot tub? Well Jacuzzi brand is one of the best, but visit your local dealer for a selection of other brands. The nearest Jacuzzi dealer is in Auburn. Do you get there often?. http://www.jacuzzi.com/category/outdoor_spas.html
Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Will your back porch support that sort of load? Just the eight men will weigh 1400 pounds or more if they hold perfectly still. The tub may add another 3-5000 pounds to that. How much does a Cadillac weigh? 8^)>
BB
Mike, As BB said it is a good amount of weight. If you spread the load, assuming you have an 8x8' tub,with 100% contact, at 6400 lbs you would get a sq. ft. load of just 100 lbs. I would make sure the deck is correctly attached to the house though. Decks in my area of New York are required to support 100 lbs/sq ft.
Best Regards, Dennis J Sunday Home Inspection Systems Www.homeinspectionsystems.com
wrote:

weigh
3-5000
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:38:17 -0500, "Dennis J Sunday"

Most residential decks are designed at 75-100 pounds live load. Simply upping from 2x6 to 2x8 joists and spacing 12" on center versus 16" or 24" will usually support a tub fine. Make the joist span no more than 6', and check your local building codes, some won't allow tubs on decks supported by the house, and some require stronger footings, or even an engineer's stamp.
Jeff
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:48:37 GMT, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

For safety's sake, I prefer mostly small to medium-sized women in my spa. <G>
Barry
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:37:58 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Excellent advice, even if the tub is on the ground.
BB