Chinese knockoffs.

Page 2 of 3
Not@home wrote:

Prolly is but on different specs.(better quality)

Yes. You said it better than I did. I tend to be wordy.

I may well have been. But my point is... If I order straight from GE, I presume they will send me a GE part. It is wrong for a seller on Amazon to say that they are selling genuine GE parts when they are in fact some sort of generic thing that may not work with your stove.
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:43:38 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

You have the Amazon link so we can all take a look?

I put several links up in another post but here is one:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)03222309&sr=8-11&keywords=ge+6%22+burner
On 6/18/2014 1:24 PM, Not@home wrote:

If it is sold by GE, it will meet their specifications regardless of where it was manufactured. If it is sold by a third party, you have no way of knowing if it meets GE's OEM specs. Also, items purchased from GE will be warranted by GE. Items marketed as GE parts but sold by third parties will not be warranted by GE if GE cannot verify that the parts are genuine GE OEM.
A few years back a major facility in my part of the country solicited bids for an industrial electrical component manufactured by GE. My brother sells electrical materials for GE, and thus has the guaranteed lowest price from the manufacturing plant for these items. No one can get it for less, so he took it for granted he'd be awarded the bid. To his astonishment, he didn't get it - because the facility told him a local small hardware store had submitted a bid for this multi-thousand dollar part for only a few hundred dollars. My brother verified that the manufacturing plant had not produced the item. He warned the facility that regardless of the hardware store's claim that it was genuine GE, they believed it was not, and without proof, they would not warrant the product. Sure enough, the part soon failed, and the facility tried to get GE to replace it. GE's response was that they don't warrant counterfeit Chinese knockoffs, which this obviously was, since it wasn't produced by the legit GE manufacturing plant.

Yep. Which is why I went straight to GE.

Beware of any appliances or parts these days. Most if not all are made overseas.
My Frigidaire (Model 40064747757 Nov 2007) developed strain cracks around the burners in the stove top where indentations had been pressed out. Typically this is caused by either poor quality steel or drawing lubricant during the stamping process. It's a mfg defect - not caused by use. Fridigidaire would not replace it - only would sell me a new stove top over $300.
Here's a photo showing the cracks. Cracks go all the way through the metal:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg234/sammybinsnoozin/DEFECTS.gif
Guv Bob wrote:

Frigidaire is not top tier product to begin with. I never owned one.
wrote in message

Beware of any appliances or parts these days. Most if not all are made overseas.
My Frigidaire (Model 40064747757 Nov 2007) developed strain cracks around the burners in the stove top where indentations had been pressed out. Typically this is caused by either poor quality steel or drawing lubricant during the stamping process. It's a mfg defect - not caused by use. Fridigidaire would not replace it - only would sell me a new stove top over $300.
Here's a photo showing the cracks. Cracks go all the way through the metal:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg234/sammybinsnoozin/DEFECTS.gif
That's sad. My GE side by side fridge/freezer got a crack in the plastic at the bottom not long after I got it. I did accidentally drop something on it. It was a glass bottle but I can't remember exactly what it was. You'd think they would have built it better. And I don't think it's the sort of part I can replace.
One of my little fridges lost a part in the door after a few years. It's just a little rubber or maybe it is silicone plug to hold the bar in place for soda cans.I tried to replace the part but no success. I finally just duct taped the hell out of it. Looks like crap but it works. Previously I had stuffed a little duct tape in the hole but it just wasn't enough.

Ask someone who lost their job because of their factory being relocated to China if there are any good China items. I hear they are having pollution problems now in China. Boo hoo.

more than you pay for - excluding trouble.
On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:02:10 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

was (just a guess) about 20% cheaper than their deluxe model of the same horsepower and cutting width. "If you want first quality oats, you need to be willing to pay first quality price. If, however, you are willing to settle for oats that have already been through the horse, they DO come a little cheaper"
Ralph Mowery wrote:

If you go back to the 1800's when the German states were playing catchup with the industrial revolution, they were know for the cheap junk the produced. The Germans learned, the Japanese learned, the Koreans learned, and now the Chinese are learning fast. About the only people who didn't learn are the US politicians that watched all the manufacturing head towards the setting sun.

I think the old ones were good. Now that I think of it, I think my one little fridge might be that brand.
On 6/18/2014 9:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Used to be a brand owned by GM when GM was a reputable company. Now it is just a name that as been owned by a half dozen corporations.My company used to supply them and they made the same product under a half dozen brand names.

out. Typically this is caused by either poor quality steel or drawing lubricant during the stamping process. It's a mfg defect - not caused by use. Fridigidaire would not replace it - only would sell me a new stove top over $300.

Nope....

Doesn't matter to me what they were thinking. I offered to send this one back, pay shipping on a new one plus a reasonable cost, but they would even discuss it. Whatever.... So they lost a customer, plus bad press from me.
I even mentioned the other problems, just as helpful feedback for their own info. Two of the 5 burners started to fail within 2 years -- I was able to adjust them, but I never heard of this happening in all my years of using various other gas ranges. Also, if we turn any gas valve on too slowly, it fills up the stove top with gas and then ignites. Supposed to start the sparking before the gas comes out. They have the wrong people working phone tech support.

--

Good grief! Very sorry.

wrote in message

out. Typically this is caused by either poor quality steel or drawing lubricant during the stamping process. It's a mfg defect - not caused by use. Fridigidaire would not replace it - only would sell me a new stove top over $300.

Then this one definitely lives up to this reputation.