Chimney Cleaning from bottom up

I have a two story home with a metal roof & I'm very hesitant to climb up there. Last year I paid a chimney sweep $280 to clean both of my woodstove chimneys (one brick, the other round Metalbestos). He did not go up there either. Instead, he cleaned both chimneys from inside the house, pushing a brush up. I watched this guy work and thought, "What the Hell am I paying him for???" Any idea what brand rod is flexible enough to bend nearly 90 degrees at the bottom of the chimney, yet sturdy enough to push a brush up two stories?
Thanks, Kevin
Buck wrote:

googling for 'chimney cleaning supplies' yielded this and others:
http://www.northlineexpress.com/help_chimney_cleaning.asp

In 25 years of owning 200+ year old houses with chimneys I've NEVER had a chimney sweep attempt to clean from the bottom. The guy you hired was a hack. Call a real chimney sweep and do not use the fireplace until you get it cleaned properly. Seriously.
<h> wrote in message

The dirty job guy did it at chimney sweep school.
Bob
Bob F wrote:

You can clean from the bottom but the job is obviously dirtier. The flexible rods, which I have, will not go through a 90 degree bend in the chimney itself but are no problem getting brush through the open damper and into the chimney.
Frank