Checked my sump pump, what did I see?

For the first time in a year or two, I checked the sump. Lived here 31 years, previous owner, 4 years, never before saw anything in the bottom, except pebbles. Now I can't see the absolute bottom.

This time a bunch of stuff that looked like dirty ice. Maybe from 1/2 to

1 inch deep, probably obstructing input, because I think it took longer to drain the sump.

Two 4" corrrugated inputs to sump, one from each direction. One has the same kind of crud. Looks like an ice chip, about as big as a quarter or half dollar -- too big to come through the pipe perforations, right? --, but not translucent or white. Grey maybe. I pick it up and it crumbles.

What is this stuff?

Reply to
micky

micky,