Charger timer

I've got a couple drills from Harbor Freight. They come with a "stupid charger", if left on will just boil the batteries dry.
What would be nice is some kind of count down timer to switch the 110 volt power to the charge plug. So, I could set the timer to 1 hour, 2 hours, whatever I'd guess to be needed. That would cut down on over charging, and boiling the nicads dry.
I'm at a bit of a loss for how to find such a gadget. Any ideas?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

use a regular lamp timer. just remove the turn-on pin, leaving the turn-off pin for your time in the future.
That could work.... I know what you mean about remove the turn on pin, I had one awhile back that did that by accident.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
====== Stormin Mormon wrote in message ... I've got a couple drills from Harbor Freight. They come with a "stupid charger", if left on will just boil the batteries dry.
What would be nice is some kind of count down timer to switch the 110 volt power to the charge plug. So, I could set the timer to 1 hour, 2 hours, whatever I'd guess to be needed. That would cut down on over charging, and boiling the nicads dry.
I'm at a bit of a loss for how to find such a gadget. Any ideas?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Regrets, no there isn't a full charge light. However, it's a 12 volt system, so I'd considered tying it into a float charger. Seems that would be smarter than the trickle charger it's got now.
Wondering also maybe to try adaptor to lighter socket, charge while on the road.
Someone else suggested a shutoff timer like like they use in bathrooms for an infared light. That would work nicely, also.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

A electric fan timer wired into an outlet box with an outlet for the charger to plug into.
I wired a lamp dimmer into a dual outlet box with an outlet for speed controlling my older Dremel model 270.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
============= Stormin Mormon wrote in message ... Regrets, no there isn't a full charge light. However, it's a 12 volt system, so I'd considered tying it into a float charger. Seems that would be smarter than the trickle charger it's got now.
Wondering also maybe to try adaptor to lighter socket, charge while on the road.
Someone else suggested a shutoff timer like like they use in bathrooms for an infared light. That would work nicely, also.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Buy a common "lamp timer" from Walmart for about 6 bucks