Changing a riding lawn mower tire

I am helping out my mom on her farm. My dad is in the hospital--and everything on the farm seems to be broken. I am trying to remove a flat tire from a riding lawn mower--it is a Craftsmen 15.5 HP. Can anyone help??

Do you want me to hold up the mower while you take the tire off? What is the problem you are running into? Craftsman manuals are available on the Sears web site.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I searched for the manual, but it seems that everything I am doing is correct. I have removed the disks, but the tire seems to still be stuck.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I searched for the manual, but it seems that everything I am doing is correct. I have removed the disks, but the tire seems to still be stuck.
Here is a reply to what I think the problem is; The wheel won't release from the axle with the retainers removed, correct? It won't!! I've tried everything except removing the axles from the trans and taking it to the press. The taper fit wheel / Axel soon fuse together after a short time from the original assembly at the factory. All is not lost, just muscle the tire from the wheel and install the new one the same way trying not to screw up the bead, use blunt dull things not sharp screwdrivers, use lots of soapy water, or better yet flat proof to lube things up. Use a new tire valve, cheap insurance, leave about an inch of flat proof in the bottom of the tire.
On 19 Jul 2006 10:36:38 -0700, "Bummer"

The wheel is stuck on the mower or the tire is stuck on the wheel?