Central Heat / Air Question

Hi all,
Upon arrival at my home I noticed the digital thermostat for my a/c / heat unit was blank (no reading). Upon removal of the digital thermostat I notice there is no power to any of the wires leading up to the thermostat. There is power to the a/c unit itself, but not to the thermostat. Any ideas why?
TIA,
Tim
The digital thermostat I have has a battery in the thermostat portion. Your mileage might vary. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:31:30 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,

See if there's a fuse on your furnace unit which covers the 24-volt supply which handles the electronics like the t-stat. Also trace the wiring and make sure none of them has vibrated loose or broken.
------------------------------------------------------------------ Vote early, Vote often, Vote for Chad! http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website & Database Development
Scott wrote:

result in a blank thermostat -- that's more likely dead batteries), then (more or less in order of probability):
popped fuse or breaker failed transformer failed wiring (e.g. rodent gnawing)
The power at the thermostat base should be about 24 volts AC, or alternating current. Not to be confused with AC which is air conditioning.
As another poster wrote, many digital thermostats require batteries.
If the thermostat still isn't getting 24 VAC, check to see if the power is on for the furnace. Switch on the side, and circuit breaker.
I'm not sure how comfortable you are with working with electric, so I won't go much farther with advice.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.