Central Air not working

Page 1 of 2

Hello, I turned on my AC for the fist time this year and it is not working. Cold air is not coming out of the vents the vents themselves are just slightly cooler then the rest of the house. Air is not being sucked into the intakes inside the house. The outside unit is running, the fan is spinning but if the air is not going inside, where is it going? Does this suggest problem anyone has encountered before? Thanks

Yes....I have central air and if you start up your unit and drop the thermostat drastically it puts the air conditioner into "overdrive" and the radiator that the air flows through basically plugs with frost....best thing you can do is shut off your AC unit and allow to thaw for 4-6 hrs and then fire back up but SLOWLY drop the temp over a 24 hr period... Jim

Do you know anything about the furnace blower, can you hear it running if you go next to the furnace? Is any air, cold or not, coming out of the registers? If not, then the furnace blower is not running, or the air filter is clogged, or the A-coil inside the furnace is frozen over as the previous poster suggested.

You have to be kidding, "if you lower the thermostat dramaticly it puts it in overdrive" not so it just on or off. Freezing the coil, [ its not a radiator] is one of several things, low freon or low air flow. "4-6 hrs wait" no you dont even know what the issue is, just look at the coil to SEE if its frozen, it could be many things. Learn a bit about ACs

You have to be kidding, "if you lower the thermostat dramaticly it puts it in overdrive" not so it just on or off. Freezing the coil, [ its not a radiator] is one of several things, low freon or low air flow. "4-6 hrs wait" no you dont even know what the issue is, just look at the coil to SEE if its frozen, it could be many things. Learn a bit about ACs
As tradesman...I used "overdrive " as a figure of speech....and also coil, rad, potato tomato... Hadn't realized I was talking to an idiot....sorry...will get the terminology right for those that have there noses pressed to the owners manual... Jim

.
You calling me an idiot? Look in the mirror. Ok mr know it all "Bozo Jim AC Pro "Tradesman"", lets see if you can possibly expain just how my single speed AC goes into overdive, You cant can you, because it doesnt. This is "are you smarter than a 4th grader" stuff, or " here`s your sign" or a " caveman can do it" are you really that dumb. And Ive never read an AC manual, this is simple logic, Bozo Jim the "tradesman".

You calling me an idiot? Look in the mirror. Ok mr know it all "Bozo Jim AC Pro "Tradesman"", lets see if you can possibly expain just how my single speed AC goes into overdive, You cant can you, because it doesnt. This is "are you smarter than a 4th grader" stuff, or " here`s your sign" or a " caveman can do it" are you really that dumb. And Ive never read an AC manual, this is simple logic, Bozo Jim the "tradesman".
I don't argue with idiots....they just bring you down to there level and beat you with experience....so go just go away idiot... Jim

You mean their? level
Since it says "hide quoted text" aparently he's posting from Google Groups?
You're right about the spelling correction.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You still dont get the basics, a regular AC system doesnt do overdrive or anything else but On and Off, the idiot it you.

Not even if you set the thermostat really really low? ; )

You still dont get the basics, a regular AC system doesnt do overdrive or anything else but On and Off, the idiot it you.
You don't know how to READ! I said it was "a figure of speech"...geesze are you ever THICK in the head!

Bull! Every AC system has overdrive. You just have to know what you're doing. I'm a tradesman, I can show any homemoaner up. Take it from me, I'm the best.

om...
Your the best at being high.

I can tune any AC to run 10,000 rpm. .... Jim

Your the best at being high.
Yeah show made up quoted text as "Jim"...I didn't say that you fool...check the properties of the quoted text you freak!...It was you

Your the best at being high.
Find somebody else to fi=uck with you twit... your in my killfile.........so again...I don't ague with idiots.....Jim

Speaking of killfiles... bye, Jim. It's obvious that you don't have anything useful to contribute.

Hello Doug... there is stuff being put on the NG using my name...please check the properties of the message and you will see they come from different IP adresses...someone is screwing with me for reasons unknown... Jim
You still dont get the basics, a regular AC system doesnt do overdrive or anything else but On and Off, the idiot it you.
Well if the A/C is integrated with the furnace, typically it has a two speed blower. While technically not "overdrive", some folks might think of it that way.
Also the term radiator is kind of a generic one for a heat exchanger. Both the condenser and the evaporator are heat exchangers, and if they are in a heat pump, depending if the unit is in heating or cooling mode both of the heat exchangers could be "radiators".
--

Roger Shoaf