Cellulose around heat ducts

If I blow cellulose into the ceiling of my basement (where the ducts run) will there be a dust problem when the furnace is running?
The ducts are all metal, uninsulated, I cannot see if the outside joints are sealed. It is possible to caulk or seal them from the floor register side.
What will keep the celolose from falling out, I assume plaster or drywall, It is a used basement, so why insulate it. heat rises. Even with ducts sealed with mastic and I think you will have a dust nightmare, it can filter in around lights and cracks. Cellulose is not for living spaces but for attics, even then people here have complained they made a mistake as the dust migrated inside. I dont see what you will gain insulating the ceiling, the attic to the optimal R yes, that is usualy double of code, heat rises..

Yes, the basement ceiling is finished. Also, the entire house and attic are airsealed, including interior wall partitions. The room in the basement is heated independently of the room above it and will reduce heat loss by 40% with R28. Sound control is also a consideration.
your cellulose concerns sound valid. read about foam at: http://fomofoam.com/existing_homes.htm#crawlspace
Reduce heat loss where exactly, from heating the upstairs, dont waste your money and rethink you idea.

The room ABOVE the finished basement room is NOT heated therefore the ceiling is like an UNINSULATED attic.