cell phone reception in a new house

Did that help much?

Reply to
ransley

What is best and cheapest, I have ATT 3g and my city wont allow the antennas needed so I often drop connection and go to non 3g at 1-2 bar with a new phone. My city doesnt want the "eyesore" of more antennas.

Reply to
ransley

I would not blame it on the insulation. I have a well insulated home with foil backed insulation all around and my crummy reception inside is the same outside. Some times OK sometimes not. That said, you could try hunting around your home to find what spot or spots are best and worse or just follow the advice others have given you.

I have a cable based phone as well as my cell phone. The cable phone is cheap and no cost long distance, and I have a pay as you go cell phone, which I pay about $12.00 a year for. I don't use it much except when traveling. As a side benefit, I have a backup in the event one or the other goes out.

Reply to
jmeehan

quoted text -

theres a federal law permitting tv and satellite dish antennas, a yagi cell antenna should fall in that law.

yagi cell antenna looks very close to a UHF tv antenna

Reply to
hallerb

Doesnt an antenna need some type of box or booster for cell phones. How does this get hooked up and operate, a tv you plug into an antenna, but a cell phone is being boosted so I would guess a reciever is needed.

Reply to
ransley

KingFish

all cell phones have built in antennas and most cell phones have a jack covered with rubber plug to connect a external antenna.like this

I have done this in the past with great success.

although a booster a receiver with boosted output is nicer, it elminates being tied to a cord.

ine friend had a home with no cell service, i took the antenna inside, put in on the table, plugged it in and instant 5 bars:) she sat it on top of a cabinet and never did mount it outdoors

Reply to
hallerb

Could y'all tell me: where is the jack covered with a rubber plug on a Nokia 6103? tia

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Shelly

Quite possible the 6103 does not have

Reply to
clare

the e bay seller has it listed. you can check the owners manual.

verizon knows nothing of these jacks

Reply to
hallerb

Howdy,

Does its antenna "post" unscrew...??

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

the answer to better in home cellphone coverage may be here soon.. see

Mark

Reply to
Mark

The least expensive I've seen: