cell phone reception in a new house

Page 2 of 2

all cell phones have built in antennas and most cell phones have a jack covered with rubber plug to connect a external antenna.like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370113486382
I have done this in the past with great success.
although a booster a receiver with boosted output is nicer, it elminates being tied to a cord.
ine friend had a home with no cell service, i took the antenna inside, put in on the table, plugged it in and instant 5 bars:) she sat it on top of a cabinet and never did mount it outdoors
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:43:49 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Could y'all tell me: where is the jack covered with a rubber plug on a Nokia 6103? tia

Quite possible the 6103 does not have

the e bay seller has it listed. you can check the owners manual.
verizon knows nothing of these jacks
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:00:56 -0500, Shelly

Howdy,
Does its antenna "post" unscrew...??
All the best,
--
Kenneth

the answer to better in home cellphone coverage may be here soon.. see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell
Mark
J. Clarke wrote:

When I moved I just changed cell phone providers and the new one worked fine.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ?
drb wrote:

My house is much older but TV, radio and cell phone reception are all poor due to all the signals coming from the other side of the hill I live on. I go outside to use cell phone. No big deal as I still have copper lines.

I've seen them everywhere from $7 that looks like a piece of tape with gold pen marks on it to a base station with antenna and wires for $270.
Steve
On Nov 28, 9:45pm, drb wrote:

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/Products.php?Type=B
I just mounted my old trucker antenna while waiting for Verizon to put in a closer tower. http://www.wilsonelectronics.com////ViewProductB.php?ID=1 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33oi650&s=4 -----
- gpsman

Did that help much?
On Nov 28, 9:45pm, drb wrote:

I would not blame it on the insulation. I have a well insulated home with foil backed insulation all around and my crummy reception inside is the same outside. Some times OK sometimes not. That said, you could try hunting around your home to find what spot or spots are best and worse or just follow the advice others have given you.
I have a cable based phone as well as my cell phone. The cable phone is cheap and no cost long distance, and I have a pay as you go cell phone, which I pay about $12.00 a year for. I don't use it much except when traveling. As a side benefit, I have a backup in the event one or the other goes out.
http://www.jakeludington.com/gadget_envy/20051021_cell_phone_to_landline_converter.html