ceiling fan lubrication?

    Our ceiling fan in the den, after approx. 10 years of good service, has suddenly began emitting annoying squeaks and rattles. I looked inside the "cowling" and found nothing loose, but the motor was hot as blazes and I nearly burned myself on it. The blades are all securely tightened on. The motor appears to be entirely enclosed. Is there a way to oil it, or should I start shopping around for a new one?
GTTyson
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

This is Turtle.
Most fan can be oiled plain motor oil and no penitrating oil , if you can figure it out but Do start pricing new ones in the near future.
TURTLE
The 'enclosure' is easy to remove and you can replace the bearings for about $12.00.
I have done this to fans I have found in the trash, so I now have silent fans for virtually no cost.
Hope this helps.
Lewis.